October 27, 2004

Countin' Signs

Running on the 14 Line,
Gonna see the morning light real soon.
The bus is cutting fog,
I can see the sunlight dim the moon.

Many a day I’ve been paddling down this creek.
I'll find my way
I’ve been traveling now for weeks.
Ask me where I’m going and why,
I’ll just say, “Well, that’s up to me”...
Cause when I’m traveling the roads and countin' signs
It’s the time when I feel free.

Gonna get my license back
Gonna get a rig with a nice smooth ride
Gonna take a nice long cruise
Gonna have my baby by my side

What I had, what I have and what will be
It's crusin' along, it’s just another highway dream.
Tell me your problems
And you’ll probably think I’m mean,
Cause it’s flowing, it’s coming and going
It was never quite what it seemed.

Fall is coming fast
Ducks landing in a glistening roadside pond.
Earth, water, sun and sky.
If I see much more it might be God.

When I arise I rub my eyes and drink a pot of coffee,
That's the medicine for me.
Taking off with the wind in my face,
Feelin' fine as I can be.
If they want to to know where I went,
I’m out looking for Bobbie McGee,
Cause when I’m traveling the roads and countin' signs
It’s the time when I feel free.

lyric and song, Countin' Signs © 2008, S. T. Triane

No comments:

Post a Comment